IT’S CHILI TIME! Even though it’s not actually “chilly” down here in Texas. It felt like winter for 2 solid days (which is when I whipped up this Healthy Butternut Squash Chicken Chili) and now the weather is back up into the upper 80’s and humid AF. We had our fun, Texas! Now back to the nasty November heat lolllllll.
I don’t know about you guys, but I still love soups and chilis even when it’s hot outside. It’s comforting, warm, and damn delicious. But if the heat outside bothers ya, here’s a solution – drop the air in your house to 60, throw on a hoodie, and make the dang chili. BOOM, GOES THE DYNAMITE, you instantly have a makeshift winter! (I’m out of control and actually can’t handle myself sometimes). Just typing away random nonsense making myself giggle while thinking through a screen. That’s what blogging is though, right?
Okay okay okay, back to the real reason we’re all here… FOOD. Healthy food, that is. This Healthy Butternut Squash Chicken Chili came out so so delicious. I was a little nervous about how it would come out because (per usual), I just tossed a ton of random things into my Pressure Cooker, crossed my fingers, and hoped for the best. I had actually never made a chicken chili before either.
Usually when I make my chilis, I always go for ground meat – whether it be beef, bison, chicken, pork, or turkey – always ground meat. This Butternut Squash Chicken Chili was a super nice mixup to the usual chili I’m used to. By the time is was cooked, the chicken thighs literally were falling apart. I was planning on removing them to shred with forks and put back in the pot, but it wasn’t necessary! Those babies just fell apart in the pot. Mouth watering, juicy, flavorful, delicious. We loveddddd it.
I made this Butternut Squash Chicken Chili in a Pressure Cooker, but it can totally be substituted for a Slow Cooker, if that’s what you have in your house. It could even be made over the stove if you really had the time for it. I don’t have time to stand over the stove for hours, so Pressure Cooker it was. But let me tell you, it really did taste like I was standing over the stove stirring that baby all day, because it came out DAMN GOOD. If you don’t have a Pressure Cooker, ask for one for Christmas! Guys, totally worth the price of it. I honestly don’t know what I would do without mine. Here are a few others recipes on my site that I’ve used my Pressure Cooker for:
Among many more! I’m telling you guys, I don’t know what life was like before my Pressure Cooker. I’m beyond obsessed! (Clearly lol) I used to be a Slow Cooker gal, still am, but I’m crushing way harder on my Pressure Cooker. What is your favorite recipe to make in yours???
Let’s Get Cooking!
Healthy Butternut Squash Chicken Chili
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes (not including pressurizing time)
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large White Onion, diced
- 1 Poblano Pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 3 Cups Butternut Squash, peeled and diced
- 1.5 lbs Raw Chicken Thighs
- 28 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
- 16 oz. Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 oz. Can Great Northern White Beans
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Press the “Saute” Button on your Pressure Cooker and add onion and poblano pepper, sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and continue to sauté about 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine well.
- Make sure pressure release valve is set to closed, add and lock the lid into place, press the “Soup/Stew” Button on your Pressure Cooker and adjust cook time to 30 minutes. (*Side note: It can take your pressure cooker anywhere from 20-40 minutes to pressurize.)
- Once timer goes off, let sit for 10 minutes. Release the pressure from the valve (Be careful!), remove the lid, and stir.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken thighs best you can. Stir to combine.
- Time to serve! Top chili with your favorites: mine are green onions, raw onions, and cilantro. DIG IN!
Gobble down this beautiful masterpiece you’ve created! Savor every. last. bite. because you worked hard to cook your Butternut Squash Chicken Chili! I hope you enjoy this recipe, squirrels! Remember to tag your friends, follow us on Facebook and Instagram, and share the Pump&Crunch LOVE!
Yours In Health,