Every once and a while, I crave a juicy, thick STEAK. Anyone else? Only problem is, I don’t have a grill or anything fancy to cook one on, other than the oven and my lame stove. Living in an apartment is tough, especially when you want to stay in but your mouth is watering over thinking about the perfect steak. Well fam, HAVE NO FEAR, THE PERFECT STEAK IS HERE.
At the Tastemaker Conference about a month ago, one of the sponsors really caught my eye and I was eager to try their product. Thermoworks is a company that produces high quality food thermometers with many different features, styles, and colors. They believe that temperature affects our every day life and that a great thermometer can make life better. And I have to say, I believe them! I ordered my first Thermapen MK4 and was super stoked to use it on the first steak I’ve cooked in my little Houston apartment. It came out damn good. With the help of my Thermapen, I was able to reach the PERFECT internal temperature of the steak, making it taste like damn restaurant quality.
I can’t wait to use my Thermapen again when I start baking up some sweet yummies a bit closer to the holidays! This sucker is great not only for the meats, but also the sweets! Thermoworks also has a blog with a TON of recipes and the exact temperatures to cook all the goods that way they come out PERFECT. Check it out at www.thermoworks.com.
Alright, alright. Shall cook some damn steak, now?
Let’s Get Cooking!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: ~12 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400F and place an oven-safe skillet inside.
- Prep your Ribeye by coating with olive oil lightly and sprinkling sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
- Once oven is preheated, remove skillet from oven and place on stove at medium heat.
- Cook steak for 2-3 minutes on one side, flip to the other side, add 1 tbsp ghee and cook 2-3 more minutes on the second side.
- Return skillet to the oven and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- For Rare – Cook to 120F
- For Medium Rare – Cook to 125F
- For Medium – Cook to 130F
- Remove steak from oven and take temperature. Top with 1 tsp Ghee. Spoon the melted ghee over the top of the steak for 1 more minute.
- Plate your steak, slice, and enjoy how ya like it. Jeff and I literally fought to the death for the last bite of this baby. SO GOOD.
If you enjoyed this recipe, post a photo and tag @PumpAndCrunch on FaceBook or Instagram 🙂
Yours In Health,