SWEET POTATOES. One of the most satisfying and delicious foods on the planet, in my own opinion. And they can go either way: sweet or salty. The options are endless when cooking with these babies. The other day on my Instagram feed, I saw someone made shredded sweet potato waffles and I just about cried with excitement. Then I realized I don’t have a waffle iron… Post-me being dramatic, I decided to make my sweet potatoes into FRITTERS instead of waffles! These were so much fun to make and were awesome. I made 6 with one large sweet potato and have been eating them all week with breakfast. I highly recommend for meal prep! Just pop in the microwave for a minute or reheat on the stove with some coconut oil spray. PERFECTLY AMAZING!
Let’s get cooking!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 3 people
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Flour (whole wheat or almond flour can be substituted here)
- 2 Eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha Hot Sauce
- Shred sweet potato with a grater and place in a large bowl.
2. Line shredded sweet potatoes on a paper towel. Use another paper town to dry them well.
3. Once sweet potatoes are dry, transfer them back to the bowl. Add the seasonings, 2 eggs (pic shows one but its 2!), and coconut flour and stir to combine well.
4. Form mixture into fritters. Size is up to you! Mine were about 3×3″.
5. Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat and place fritters into the hot oil.
6. Cook about 5 on the first side, then flip. When you flip, add the second tbsp of coconut oil to the pan.
7. Once your fritters are browned to beautiful perfection, remove from heat and set aside to rest.
8. Time to make the sauce! – Mix mayo and sriracha in a bowl.
9. Serve your fritters alongside the sriracha mayo and ENJOY!
If you enjoyed this recipe, post a photo and tag @PumpAndCrunch on FaceBook or Instagram 🙂
Yours In Health,