Holy moly! Can you believe it’s already the second week of September? This summer may have flown by, but a lot happened that was super exciting. July consisted of wrapping up jobs, passing the torch for my small businesses, and packing packing packing in preparation for my big move to Houston. It’s insane that it’s already been over one month that I’ve been living here! I absolutely love Houston. There are just so many… RESTAURANTS! As we all know, I’m a foodie. So this city is like heaven on earth. The people are also so chill and welcoming. I’m thankful to have moved to such an incredible place!
When I was living back in Lafayette, my schedule consisted of waking up before 4:00am every day, teaching 4-7 fitness classes, making protein bars, meal prepping, recipe developing, researching, working on my blog, napping (if I had time), and making room for a social life and my relationship. It was busy busy, but at the end of the day, I love feeling productive and of course, the hustle. Since I’ve moved to Houston, my schedule has been much more relaxing. I’ve spent August settling in, getting used to my new city, teaching CycleBar Sawyer Heights classes, and finishing up my training for the Orangetheory studios here (there are 10 by the way!). Although sometimes I’m not sure what to do with my free time, I’ve enjoyed the down time I had in August before things start to really pick up again at the end of September!
While I’m hanging with my boy Bear on this gloomy Monday before my afternoon pilates workout, I’m going to share with you guys some of my all time favorite breakfast meals. I’m all about QUICK & EASY, so these are perfect for a weekly brekkie when you’re on the go.
Let’s do this!
1. Smoothie Bowls:
- I try to stick mostly to berries in my smoothies/smoothie bowls. Berries are rich in antioxidants, fiber, potassium, and Vitamin C and they’re my favorite fruit! I also don’t add a lot of smoothie “fillers” to my blender like milk, yogurt, juices, or other flavorings. I enjoy the tart flavor of the plain berries do I don’t feel the need to add dairy or extra sweeteners. Personal preference!
- Blend 2 cups of frozen mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries), 1 cup of filtered water, 1 scoop of Further Food Collagen Peptides (*optional), and 1 Tbsp BulletProof Brain Octane Oil (*optional), and 1 cup of filtered water until smooth. Top with your favorites! I am loving Trader Joe’s Cashew Butter, Nutiva Chia Seeds, and Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts. You could also toss more fresh fruit right over the top as well. Art in a bowl!
2. Breakfast Hash:
- This is my all time favorite breakfast combo. I absolutely love tossing together a variety of veggies, a protein of some sort, some fresh greens, and an egg or two to top it off. Filling, flavorful, and options are endless! It’s so quick and tastes great.
Building your bowl:
- Base Layer: Fresh arugula or spinach.
- Veggie Options: Sautéed sweet potatoes, fingerling potatoes, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, mushrooms, green beans, sweet peppers, kale, arugula, OR fresh spinach are my favorites.
- Meat Options: Teton Waters Grass Fed Beef Sausage, Aidell’s Chicken Sausage, Ground Bison, or Uncured Bacon are the meats I keep in my fridge for breakfast.
- Toppings: Fried OR scrambled eggs mixed into or on top of your hash. I’ll also top it with Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (pictured above), Red Pepper Flakes, or Himalayan Sea Salt.
3. Loaded Toast:
- Isn’t toast just the best? Perfectly crispy, sweet, and quick as heck in the mornings when you’re needing to get out the door in a hurry. Don’t know what to top yours with? Check out these fun combos below!
Building your toast:
- Avocado Smash Toast: Just how it sounds. Smash a ripe avocado onto your “toasted” toast with a fork. Top it with a crispy fried (or scrambled) egg and some sesame seeds. YUM!
- On the Sweeter Side Toast: Top your toast with nut butter of your choice, fresh fruit, and your favorite nuts and seeds. In the picture above, I used Cashew Butter, Strawberries & Bananas, Chia Seeds, and Hemp hearts. YUM!
- GET CREATIVE!
4. Protein Pancakes:
- Pancakes. One of my all time favorite foods, made with one of my all time favorite brands – Kodiak Cakes. Their Whole Grain Protein Cakes are amazing and made with clean ingredients. I eat them at least twice per week because they give me the energy I need to get through my workouts!
How I make mine:
- Ingredients: Kodiak Cakes Batter, Chia Seeds, Ground Cinnamon, Collagen Peptides, Brain Octane Oil, Turmeric Tonic, and filtered water.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl, stir, then add filtered water until the batter is at your preferred consistency. I like mine a bit thicker.
- Heat Organic Coconut Oil in a pan and cook pancakes about 4-5 minutes per side on medium/low heat.
- You can always get fancy and toss some fresh berries into your batter as well!
- I enjoy eating mine with Raw, Organic Honey instead of Syrup and a sprinkle of Cashew Butter as well.
I hope this helps make cooking breakfast in the morning a bit easier! All of these meals usually take me under 15 minutes to make. Remember, eating healthy doesn’t have to be expensive, time consuming, or yuck. These meals are quick, delicious, and GREAT for you!
Yours In Health,