Here’s a crowd pleaser for ya! This recipe is actually one of my dad’s favorite things that I make. As is everything I cook, it’s quick, healthy, and tastes great. Oh and also a fabulous meal-prep recipe for the week. Make a ton of these bad boys and enjoy them all week/end long!
These are also fantastic to get creative with. Pictured here, I used quinoa, ground turkey, black beans, and chickpeas. You can sub out anything you’d like! Other substitution options are:
- Meat: Ground beef, bison, chicken, venison, etc.
- Grains: Brown rice or white rice.
- Any bean you’d like, or no beans at all!
- Veggies: Tomatoes, spinach, kale, broccoli, corn, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts… the options are endless!
Have fun with this one! Stuff it with your favorites and enjoy the heck out of what you’ve created 😉
Let’s get cooking!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 people
4 Large Green Bell Peppers
1 Lb of Ground Turkey
1 Cup Quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
1 Can Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1 Can Organic Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Cumin
1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Bring a large pot of water (about half full) to a boil on the stove.
- Gut your peppers. Use a small knife to carefully cut a hole in the top of your peppers around the stem. Remove the stem, seeds, and Rhine from the inside of the pepper, creating a cup-like shape.
- Once peppers are gut, add them to the boiling water and cook about 5-10 minutes, or until peppers turn a muted green color. Be careful not to over boil! – Peppers can be overcooked and lose their shape, therefore allowing them to be “unstuffable” so keep a close eye on those babies.
- Once they’re finished, remove the peppers from boiling water and set aside to cool.
- Next, heat oil in a large skillet and add ground turkey and half of all seasonings. Sauté until cooked through.
- Once turkey is cooked, remove from heat and add to it the black beans, chickpeas, quinoa, and the rest of the seasonings. Stir to combine well.
- Remove peppers from boiling water and set aside to cool.
- Time to stuff the peppers! Spoon the turkey and quinoa mixture into each pepper; packing it into the bottom as much as you can. Fill to the top of each pepper and line in an baking dish face-up.
- Bake the peppers for 10-15 minutes at 375F, until top of the peppers are slightly crispy.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, slice in half, and ENJOY!
If you enjoyed this recipe, post a photo and tag @PumpAndCrunch to FaceBook or Instagram 🙂
Yours In Health,