Take a look at the title of this recipe. What ya see is what ya get! This recipe is packed with GOOD nutritional ingredients to fuel you up for your day; eaten at breakfast, lunch, or dinner! It’s delicious and a great way to toss some vegetables into your meal. Also, its fantastic for meal prep. Double the recipe to get a ton of leftovers that you can reheat all week long. You can also sub out pretty much any of the ingredients for something else. They’re all cooked separately and just tossed together in the end! Sub out the brown rice for quinoa, or even remove the grains totally. Sub out the sweet potatoes for butternut squash. Or even the beef for ground chicken or turkey. Get creative and make it something that YOU will enjoy eating!
Let’s get cooking!
Total Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 people
1 Cup Organic Brown Rice, cooked according to package instructions
2 Sweet Potatoes, diced
3 Cups Brussels Sprouts, stems cut off and chopped in halves
1 Lb 100% Grass-Fed Beef
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Chop sweet potatoes and vegetables and add to the olive oil.
- Cook about 15-20 minutes, or until all vegetables are softened. – I like to add a tbsp of water every few minutes and cook covered to help with sticking and burning. It also speeds up the cooking process too! (Just a preference)
- While vegetables and brown rice are cooking, add grass fed beef to another skillet and brown meat on medium heat. Season with salt and pepper while cooking. Should take about 5-8 minutes.
- Once rice, veggies, and meat are cooked, combine all in a large bowl, add the rest of the seasonings, and toss well.
- Time to serve!
If you enjoyed this recipe, post a photo and tag @PumpAndCrunch on FaceBook or Instagram 🙂
Yours In Health,