Let’s talk spices. I am a huge fan of Thai and Indian style dishes, especially the spices used to flavor these types of foods. Turmeric, cumin, paprika, and curry powder are a few of the spices that constantly need to be resupplied in my spice cabinet. They’re flavorful, warm, and add so much personality to a dish; even if it’s not Thai or Indian!
I recently stumbled upon a spice blend that I absolutely adore. It is called the Maharajah Spice Blend by Seasonality Spices. The team Maharajah translated is “great king”, which means this spice is the Great King of Indian Masalas. It reigns king because of its superior flavor and its use of 6 of the 7 most expensive spices in the world: saffron, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, turmeric, and pepper. This powder blend is known for its versatility and extra-rich flavor. It is salt-free and is custom made by Seasonality Spices. To order some of their spices, click here.
I chose to pair my spice blend with chicken thighs because (we all know this), I love them. And what better to toss with some chicken, than mixed vegetables. I decided on carrots, zucchini, assorted mild peppers, white onions, and fresh garlic, and it was a good choice! I’d say you can really toss whatever you have into this recipe. I wish I had thought of eggplant while still at the store, because I bet that would have been lovely as well!
This recipe is called a “Curry” but it’s much more thin than your typical curry. I’ve had Thai-style curries more at this consistency than Indian-style, but nonetheless it was delicious!
Also, this is in no way sponsored, I just really enjoy this spice blend and love to support anyone I can!
Let’s get cooking!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 2 people
3 Cups Raw, Mixed Vegetables – (I used zucchini, baby carrots, assorted bell peppers, white onion, and fresh garlic)
2 Chicken Thighs
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Maharajah Seasonality Spice Blend
1 Tsp Curry Powder
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Sea Salt
1/2 Tsp Ground Turmeric
1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- On a chopping board, trim excess fat off chicken thighs. Coat them well in the Maharajah Spice blend.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté both chicken thighs about 6 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp olive oil, all chopped veggies, and the remaining seasonings. Stir well and sauté covered about 6-8 minutes on medium/low heat, or until slightly softened.
- Next, add chicken broth and coconut milk. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Cook on medium/low heat another 15 minutes.
- Add chicken thighs into the simmering vegetable mixture and continue cooking covered for 15 minutes.
- Serve over Brown Basmati Rice or Quinoa! Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, post a photo and tag @PumpAndCrunch on FaceBook or Instagram 🙂
Yours In Health,