Meatloaf. One of the ultimate comfort foods. Meatloaf is one of those meals that everyone knows, but one that we sometimes forget about. It’s old fashioned, but will always be so delicious. My family never really made meatloaf growing up, but randomly remember my friends talking about eating it when I was younger. A few months ago, I was developing one of my weekly Meal Prep Menus and I decided to randomly toss a meatloaf in there for myself and my clients. I hadn’t had it in forever! I also had never made one myself, but I knew the taste so I just winged it. Surprisingly I nailed it on the first shot and my clients loved it as well. I’ve been making it every few weeks since then!
This recipe can also be modified to fit the Whole30 and Paleo guidelines.
Let’s get cooking!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
3 lb 100% Grass-Fed Beef
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour (can use Almond or Coconut Flours for Whole30/Paleo)
1 tbsp Fresh Garlic, minced
2 tbsp Hot Sauce (Frank’s Red Hot Sauce for Whole30)
1 tbsp Mustard (Check ingredient list for Whole30/Paleo)
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp Black Pepper
1 tbsp Ground Cumin
1 tbsp Parsley, dried
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1/3 cup Ketchup (Sugar free for Whole30)
2 tbsp Mustard
2 tbsp Raw, Organic Honey
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Add all meatloaf ingredients to a large bowl and combine well.
- Coat the inside of a baking dish with oil and transfer meat to the dish.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- While meatloaf is cooking, combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- After 30 minutes, remove meatloaf from the oven and coat the top with all of the sauce.
- Cook another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool, then SERVE!
If you enjoyed this recipe, post a photo and tag @PumpAndCrunch on FaceBook or Instagram 🙂
Yours In Health,