I’ve always been a fan of vegetable burgers. I’ve tried chickpea, beet, bean, and tofu burger patties and absolutely loved them all! This Black Bean Burger recipe is the first one I’ve tried to make on my own and I have to say, it came out pretty darn good!
This recipe is perfect for meal prep. I’ve made it for my clients numerous times and people keep asking for it back on the menu, so we must be doing something right here. It’s great right off the pan or reheated! I’ve reheated mine and topped it with a fried egg for breakfast, put it over lettuce on a salad for lunch, or ate it between two pieces of Dave’s Killer Bread for dinner. The options are endless. Give this one a try, my friends! You’re sure to love it.
1- 16 oz. can Organic Black Beans
1/2 Bell Pepper, roughly chopped – (I’ve used all colors in this recipe. Your preference.)
1/2 cup White Onion, roughly chopped
1 tbsp Fresh Garlic, minced
1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup 100% Whole Grain, Old Fashioned Oats
Dash of Hot Sauce (of your choice) – my favorite is Cajun Power 🙂
1 tbsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Course Ground Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Paprika
1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Drain and rinse the canned black beans. Lay them out on a paper towel and pat them dry. Once dried, transfer to a bowl and mash with a fork until a paste is formed.
- In a blender or food processor, add pepper, onions, garlic, olive oil, and cilantro and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add oats, egg, hot sauce, and remaining seasonings to the vegetable mixture and pulse again until oats are chopped and everything is well blended.
- Add this mixture to your bowl of mashed beans and stir to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and scoop bean mixture into patty shapes onto the pan. *The mixture will be runny, so don’t freak out. This is why the next step is important.
- Freeze your patties until solid. – about 2-3 hours. This helps them cook.
- Once frozen, heat olive oil in a pan and cook your patties about 4-6 minutes per side on medium heat.
- Serve them how you like!
If you enjoyed this recipe, tag me on Instagram at @pumpandcrunch 🙂
Yours In Health,